This year was my first year to host Thanksgiving. This is something I have been looking forward to doing for a long time. It went really well. The food turned out great and it was wonderful to have all my family in one spot. My sister and her family came down and spent two nights with us and both sets for my grandparents came for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful day. I did try a new stuffing and it turned out too moist for me. It was really disappointing because the flavor was awesome but I must have put too much chicken stock in the batch. I will try it again and see if I can make it better.
This year was the first year that I went shopping with my sister and mom. My sister wanted to buy a Nintendo Ds for my niece. We started by going to Toys r us at 12 to get a different toy. Well we left the house around 11:30 and the line outside was crazy and wrapped all the way around the parking lot. It was crazy inside too. Standing in line and then going through crowded store to not get the gift. Probably not worth it. Then we decided to go to a Walmart to get the DS. We went to one that was open 25hrs and thought we would have to wait outside in line. Well they were open with a pretty empty parking lot. We walked into the store at 2:30. They actually had a really good systems for getting the sale items. We had to stand in line until 5 to get it though. But we took turns going around the store looking for other gifts. It was awesome because we got what we wanted and didn't have to stand in a line outside or push people for it and we got to shop while we were waiting. As we were leaving Walmart the parking lot was full and people were waiting to get into the parking lot. Then we headed to Lloyd Center for a few other gifts. So instead of sleeping and trying to wake ourselves up at 2 we stayed up all night. If I ever do after Thanksgiving shopping again I think that I would do it that way. It actually worked really well.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Crazy girl!!!!!!
I bet you were tired!!! I went to Target at 4:45 and it was crazy! People were in line just to get a stupid free bag. I just wanted a shopping cart.
Post a Comment