Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hiking Down to the Lake

I thought I was writing a lot so I wanted to cut it short on the last one but add a little more. On Friday we walked down a trail that led you to the base of the lake. It was an easy hike down. Add the bottom Dylan jumped of a ledge into the lake. He said when he jumped in it was so cold it took his breath away.

The way back up the trail wasn't as fun because of the mosquitos. Parts were steep and you wanted to stop to take a breath but then they would swarm you.

It may sound like it wasn't fun, but we had an awesome time. If any of you have not been to Crater Lake I would suggest it. It is a beautiful place. And if you are thinking of camping bring bug spray and make reservations.

Here are a few more great pictures of the beautiful lake.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

ALicia saw the picture of DYlan and asked "She did that!" I told her he did and she wanted to know why. :) It looks fun. You got some great pictures! Glad you had a good time.

And glad you blogged it.

momaof4 said...

Oh!! I remember those bugs. They are horrible. I HATE them. We camped down the hill a bit and they weren't there. They seem to like Crater lake area. Ugh, I ich just thinking about it!!!