Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Eating Plan

So one more thing that is a new venture for Dylan and me. We are trying not a diet but a new eating plan. We are trying eat in a way that people would call whole foods. We are trying to eliminate sugars but not completely. We are working on fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains that aren't processed. The eating plan starts off by having you get rid of dairy, eggs, and gluten. Then after the first 3 weeks you start to add each of those categories one at a time to see if they affect in a way that makes you feel sick. Then if one of those does make you feel sick do avoid eating it. So today I spend the day shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables and preparing them so they are ready for us to eat. I chopped strawberries, kiwis, mangos, and blueberries to make 4 bowls of great fruit salad. This is going to be hard for me because I love eggs and cheese, but luckily there are some great recipes to try and enjoy. So we will see how it goes.

3 comments:

KLB said...

That is awesome. Daniel and I are going to be changing how we eat too. He recently went to the DR and got his Cholesteral checked. Not good news. My goal is to prepare food so that it feels like he is not missing anything :). Pass along any good recipes!

red-headed Wilson's said...

I had a comment but it seems to have disappeared.

I think this sounds good. I am not sure what we would do without eggs around here. Hopefully you can add that one back in. Summer is good for bbq, and kabobs!! YUM

momaof4 said...

Sounds sort of like what we are trying to do. Eating Low Glycimic (sp?) But we can do eggs, they are protien, and low fat cheese, though I don't do the low fat, just normal at a smaller amount. But cutting out the sugars, going whole wheat. Whole foods.

I have a few recipes that might work for you girls....I will have to make copies!!!