Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The First Snow!!!!

I can't believe this snow!! It is so beautiful. It went from barely snowing to have about 3 inches in 2 hours. On my way home I almost got stuck. I have to go up some hills to get home and some cars were stuck and parked across the road. Some men talked me into driving slowly through the cars so that we could get through. So I braved it and made it through. I am very proud of myself. I didn't even slide at all. Just took it slow and steady and made it through all the stuck cars.

I also took some pictures with my new camera. I am going to work on capturing great pictures with it before we go to Europe. I need lots of practice.
I just read that the Chinese Garden in Portland is having a free visiting for 10 days. I am planning on going in there and practicing my picture taking.

Here are the first snow of the year pictures. It was dark outside and I will have to work on figuring out how to take pictures when it is dark outside. I found out how to take a picture with the mode of night portrait. The first two are just with intelligent auto mode and I think they turned out better then the night scenery mode. What do you think?

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday! What kind of camera did you get. WHAT FUN!

Happy New years

momaof4 said...

Love the new look too.

Snow is fun to have.