So I actually changed my colors after a put almost a whole strip in. So the blocks that have the multiple colors did have one blue polka dot, a brown, a green, and a dark blue. But I decided that it looked a little off balance with three solid colors and only one print. So I decided to put two blue polka dots diagonal from each other and get rid of the dark blue. So if anyone needs 30 dark blue squares 6x6 inches, I have some you can have. I am really excited to get it finished and have the batting and the back all put together and be able to snuggle up on the couch with it.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Quilt Making
So I had been looking for a hobby to keep me busy while Dylan plays his video games. So I thought I would try making a quilt. I think it could be a new hobby for me. Except that it is not really a cheap hobby. But I think it is fun and it does fill up a lot of time. Here is the start of my quilt. I still have 4 long strips to put together and on the quilt.
So I actually changed my colors after a put almost a whole strip in. So the blocks that have the multiple colors did have one blue polka dot, a brown, a green, and a dark blue. But I decided that it looked a little off balance with three solid colors and only one print. So I decided to put two blue polka dots diagonal from each other and get rid of the dark blue. So if anyone needs 30 dark blue squares 6x6 inches, I have some you can have. I am really excited to get it finished and have the batting and the back all put together and be able to snuggle up on the couch with it.
So I actually changed my colors after a put almost a whole strip in. So the blocks that have the multiple colors did have one blue polka dot, a brown, a green, and a dark blue. But I decided that it looked a little off balance with three solid colors and only one print. So I decided to put two blue polka dots diagonal from each other and get rid of the dark blue. So if anyone needs 30 dark blue squares 6x6 inches, I have some you can have. I am really excited to get it finished and have the batting and the back all put together and be able to snuggle up on the couch with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMAZING!!!!! Looks great! I wish I could get my sewing amachine to work so I could join in on that fun!!!
Nice job. you have done a lot. I was not expecting that much done already.
Post a Comment