Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A New Venture

So I am trying something new for a job. I applied for a preschool teacher job and at first they offered me a toddler teacher position, which I didn't take. Then they called back a week later and offered me the preschool teacher job. It is run by a company but they are opening a new facility at St. Luke Lutheran Church. I will be the sole teacher so I will have at the most 10 kids. At first I wasn't sure about taking the job. But I know that it would be so much nicer to have consistent and regular pay. Of course the pay isn't as good as public schools but it will end up being the same as subbing. So I am going to do this job for at least a year and then see what happens. I am also looking at taking classes to get a degree in Special Education. I really wanted to take classes while I was doing the preschool job, but the college schedule doesn't work well with it. Well they make it work for teachers in a public school but the preschool has more of a daycare hours. So I am hoping that I will really enjoy working with 3,4, and 5 year old kids. I think it will be fun.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

good for you.
Ben and I do the 3-5 year olds at church. I love that age. But for some reason I don't like that age for Awana. Go figure. I think in the morning they are happier and really excited about anything you do.

Good to try nwe things. It is only a year. :)

KLB said...

You will be a fantastic Pre-School Teacher! I can't wait to hear about the funny things the kids say and do!