Thursday, May 7, 2009

Man I feel like I have been in a posting slump. I haven't had anything really exciting happen lately. But I didn't want to see the 5 weeks ago under my name on my friends posts.

The only thing that comes to my mind that I have been thinking about lately is the situation of our schools and the possibility of me getting a job next year. One school district is so bad it is cutting at least 55 teachers and possibly cutting all music, PE, and library teachers. I just can't believe that I don't see that it would be a good situation if they didn't have music and PE. They are looking at the teachers to teach those next year. It is just crazy to me. I found one job in a different district and applied for it, but it is the only elementary job in all of Portland right now so probably 300 people applied for it.

Another random thing this Saturday I am going shopping with my mom looking for artwork to place on my walls. I am looking forward to finding some things to place on the walls to give the house some more interest.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

When we were at IKEA last weekend I saw some fun pictures. I was wishing we were planning on decorating the living room so I could actually look and buy. O, well. You will have so much fun! I hope you find some things!

I know a school you could commute to that may be hiring. :) HAHA

Thanks for a new post!

momaof4 said...

I have something for your wall that I will bring to you on Sunday!!!

Can't wait to see you.

HUGS!!