Thursday, January 22, 2009

This is going to be my first time that I remember making a new years resolution. But I really want to read more books this year. I have been thinking about this for a long time, then today I also say it on Dee's blog. I don't think that I can read as many books as Dee but I am going to work at reading at least 20 books this year. Right now I am working on The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. I took it on the honeymoon so I am almost done with it. If anyone has any great selections for my next book I would love to hear it. I am going to try to find out how to post it on my blog. I still haven't figured out all the pieces to the blog.

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

If you like mysterys with a little romance I really like Kathy Reichs, not a Christian writer. I really like Robin Jones Gunn, a Christian author, but have ran out of her books. Of course there is always Nicholas Sparks! My all time favorite!

Good Luck on your quest. :) I sure do love to read.

And I like seeing new posts from you! It is like we are talking without talking. haha.

KLB said...

Ok here are a few for ya. Just remember that I have to read many kid novels...so my list is not too long. On my blog I have two lists of books I have read. You can look on those too. I just finished "The Guerndey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" It sounds weird and starts off a little weird, but I loved it! "Twilght" was good too! Yeah its about vampires, but its tame and all about love! Its so a tween book! I need to get the second one...I am die to read it. "The Sisterhood of the Traveling panys" is good too. I am reading the second one right now. I hope this helps in your quest. I will give more as I go. I want to know about good books you have read too!! Oh!! Read The Shack. its good.

momaof4 said...

I agree with Karrie, try the Shack. makes you think. really good.

Post those list's girls!!! Maybe we can all trade at one of our girls nights?