Thursday, March 26, 2009
Spring Break Realization
Since it is spring break and teachers don't work during this time, I have had the week off. During this time I have realized that I could not be a Stepford Wife. Dylan is usually really great at helping around the house with dishes and other chores. This week because I have been home I assume the responsibilities have been left to me. I am not a lover of cleaning as some people might be. I don't mind doing the dishes and laundry and other bits of cleaning, it is just not my favorite thing. I actually think it is easier for me when I come home for work and do one of the cleaning jobs. But when I am sitting at home and just having to do all the chores it makes me a little resentful. I felt this week like my only job was to clean and make dinners. I would never be able to stay home all day and not have even a part time job to occupy me. It was makes me a little worried that if I become a stay at home mom that I will become slightly bitter that I am just at home taking care of the children and the house. I know that when I have children I will love them with everything I have, but I think I need interactions in other ways. I might have to have a part time job my whole life. Man that was alot of rambling but just something I was thinking about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you will be amazed that you won't even have time to get the dishes done when you have kids!! :)
I don't know were all the time goes, but it's gone when they are little and you are standing there wondering what the heck you did today!!
But being involved in a outreach at church or Moms group or something would keep you busy, and your mind thinking. That is why I love doing MOPS and Women's Ministry. Not only the ministry aspect but just keeping me busy and mentally thinking. Though i don't get paid, I know I am working for God and one day my paycheck will come.
Enjoy the slow life now!!!!!
Post a Comment